A) Load on the Internet Service Providers
To assist schools with keeping their broadband costs low and internet usage at a minimum, we are:
1) Liaising with Government and Governing bodies to reach mutual agreements to host data inside Education networks. This means when accessing content from TV4Education or SmartLibrary, your user's never leave the schools network.
2) Liaising with Internet Service Providers to bring educational institutions free internet usage for TV4Education content. These types of agreements have already been arranged with multiple providers, depending on your schools governing bodies and internet service providers. For more information, please contact our support staff.
3) Locally Replicating Libraries. This no cost, optional feature of TV4Education Cloud allows our system to automatically cache approved copies of programs from TV4Education to your schools local servers. - This means that whenever a student clicks play whilst at school, 0 internet is used. However, when they open the same program at home and click stream, the file will still stream but from our cloud services.
100% transparent for your students and teachers.
B) Data Abusers
By branding the SmartSuite as your school's central learning hub it provides a host of management benefits.
1) Full user usage tracking and reporting
2) Multi-Levelled content access (e.g. ensure your students aren't accessing content which they shouldn't be)
3) Provide enhanced researching skills through federated engines moderated by administrators
4) Full user lockout controls -> If you find individual users (either students OR teachers) abusing the access to content (e.g. watching all the 'Rainy Day' programs OR downloading AFL, Game of Thrones and Top Gear Episodes), simply reduce the individual users access or lock them out completely.
This levels out the access to all users at your institution instead of having 1 or 2 users utilising all the bandwidth and everyone else having to "make do".
C) Wealth of information
The SmartSuite has the ability to connect with most of the online tools available to Australian Schools today: